The deadline for both routes to application has now passed. All applicants have been contacted with further information about the ongoing application process. The following information below is provided for reference only.
Pitch Development Programme
For teams in the very early stages of development or with limited professional experience our new Pitch Development Programme offers the chance to refine and improve pitching skills and develop a playable demo over the course of the summer, with a support package provided to the value of £10,000. The programme includes:
- an award of £5,000.
- an opportunity to showcase your project at a large scale consumer games show in Autumn this year.
- an opportunity to pitch for a £25,000 grant from the UK Games Fund (which would be available to spend during 2019).
This programme is designed to support early-stage teams who may need time to further develop their ideas and pitch. The participation in the consumer games show later in the year provides a clear deadline as well as the opportunity to gain all-important feedback from the public and industry. The pitch for the grant from the UK Games Fund will also take place at the consumer games show (in a private meeting room).
The application process for the Pitch Development Programme is lighter than the direct application to Round 4 route and is expected to complete earlier in the year. Please note the following:
- You must be able to complete your funded work using the £5,000 award between April – September 2018.
- You must be available to join us at the Autumn consumer games show (exact dates will be announced shortly).
- You can only apply to the Pitch Development Programme route or the direct route to funding via Round 4, not both.